Configuration: add a database
In Exchange 2016, databases are a group of mailboxes that share the same volumetric setting.
Depending on your type of Exchange 2016 license, the number of active mailboxes varies:
- 5 for the standard version
- unlimited for the enterprise version
1. From the ECP interface, go to servers 1 / databases 2 and click on + 3 .
2. Enter the database name 1 , the file location 2 and logs 3 and click Save 4 .
3. Click OK 1 to close the warning message.
4. The new database, select 1 then click on the edit icon 2 .
5. Go to 1 limits and configure them as needed 2 then click on Save 3 .
6. Restart the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service.
FYI: the limits applied by a database can be circumvented by directly modifying the same limits at the level of the box.