Configuration: move the default database
Now that the database is renamed, let’s see how to move it. By default, the database is created in the Exchange installation folder. At the beginning of this tutorial, in the prerequisites, the server has been configured with 3 disks / partitions, one for the databases and the other for the logs.
1. On the disks, create at the root a folder MBX01 (base name).
2. Open the Exchange Management Shell and enter the following command to adapt based on your configuration:
Move-Databasepath MBX01 -EdbFilePath D:\MBX01\MBX01.edb -LogFolderPath L:\MBX01
3. Confirm the removal and disassembly of the database.
4. Wait while moving …
5. The base is moved, check in the explorer for moving files.
6. In the ECP, it is also possible to check the path 1 to the base in the properties.
You can use the Move-Databasepath command to later change a location database.