Using multiple databases to store mailboxes allows you to configure a different volume.
Example: The DBMX01 database stores mailboxes with a 1GO quota and the DBMX02 database stores mailboxes with a 5GB quota. With this configuration, simply move the box from one base to another to change the volume.
Add a database
1. On the ECP interface, go to servers 1 / databases 2 and click on + 3 .
2. Enter the database name 1 and configure the location of the EDB file 2 and the log file 3 . Finish by clicking on Save 4 .
3. Click OK 1 to close the warning.
4. The database is added.
5. Restart the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service with the following PowerShell command:
6. Check the creation of folders with Windows Explorer.
The management of the volumetry is explained here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!
SQL Server: Set up a backup plan Introduction In this article, I will explain how to set up a backup plan with SQL Server. In this tutorial, we will use the wizard available in SSMS to configure the database to save as well as the schedule and then we will modify the plan to indicat
Sharepoint 2013 foundation: installation and configuration In this tutorial, we will see how to set up Sharepoint 2013 foundation on Windows 2012R2. Although this version at the time of writing this article is more than 5 years old, it allows to discover Sharepoint before making its acquisition. SharePoint i
Exchange 2019: add a mailbox Introduction In this tutorial, we will see how to create a mailbox on Exchange 2019 using the admin interface. When creating a mailbox, there are two possibilities: Create a mailbox for an existing user in the Active Directory. Create a new user and