In this tutorial, we will see how to change a database mailbox. This is done regularly in Exchange environments with multiple databases with different quotas (limits).
Moving the mailbox allows it to have the new quotas linked to the database unless the limits have been changed directly from the box settings.
Move the mailbox
1. Go to the Administration web interface (ECP) of the Exchange environment.
2. Go to recipients 1 / mailbox 2 . Select the box to move 3 and click on To another database 4 in the action menu on the right.
3. Enter a name for the migration batch 1 , select the option Move only the main mailbox 2 and click on Browse 3 .
4. Select base 1 , click on add 2 and OK 3 .
5. With the database selected, click Next 1 .
6. Select a box that will receive the report 1 , select Start batch automatically 2 and Finish automatically the migration batch 3 then click on New 4 .
7. Click Yes 1 to display the tracking page.
8. Wait during the migration, this operation can take several hours depending on the volume of the mailbox.
9. When the migration is complete, the status will change to Done.
10. An email is also sent on the box configured in the migration batch.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
/ 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!
Exchange 2016: how to set up a DAG In this tutorial, we'll see how to set up a Database Availability Group (DAG) that makes the Exchange Highly Available (HA) databases available. This feature of Exchange makes it possible to put the databases that host the mailboxes in high availabil
Sharepoint 2013 foundation: installation and configuration In this tutorial, we will see how to set up Sharepoint 2013 foundation on Windows 2012R2. Although this version at the time of writing this article is more than 5 years old, it allows to discover Sharepoint before making its acquisition. SharePoint i
Exchange 2019: add a mailbox Introduction In this tutorial, we will see how to create a mailbox on Exchange 2019 using the admin interface. When creating a mailbox, there are two possibilities: Create a mailbox for an existing user in the Active Directory. Create a new user and