In this tutorial, we will see how to change a database mailbox. This is done regularly in Exchange environments with multiple databases with different quotas (limits).
Moving the mailbox allows it to have the new quotas linked to the database unless the limits have been changed directly from the box settings.
Move the mailbox
1. Go to the Administration web interface (ECP) of the Exchange environment.
2. Go to recipients 1 / mailbox 2 . Select the box to move 3 and click on To another database 4 in the action menu on the right.
3. Enter a name for the migration batch 1 , select the option Move only the main mailbox 2 and click on Browse 3 .
4. Select base 1 , click on add 2 and OK 3 .
5. With the database selected, click Next 1 .
6. Select a box that will receive the report 1 , select Start batch automatically 2 and Finish automatically the migration batch 3 then click on New 4 .
7. Click Yes 1 to display the tracking page.
8. Wait during the migration, this operation can take several hours depending on the volume of the mailbox.
9. When the migration is complete, the status will change to Done.
10. An email is also sent on the box configured in the migration batch.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
/ 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!
Exchange: Creating a Receive connector Presentation In this tutorial, we will see how to set up a Receive connector on Exchange to allow devices (copiers / firewall ...) and applications to send email addresses to mailboxes that are hosted on Exchange. Creating the connector 1. Open the E
SQL Server Restore a Database from a Backup (BAK) Introduction In this tutorial, I will show you how to restore a SQL Server database from a backup file (BAK). To perform the restore, you must have SQL Server Manager Studio (SSMS). Restore a database In order to find the backup files, I copied them
SQL Server: Set up a backup plan Introduction In this article, I will explain how to set up a backup plan with SQL Server. In this tutorial, we will use the wizard available in SSMS to configure the database to save as well as the schedule and then we will modify the plan to indicat