Virtual machine restore as a clone
This restore mode is used to restore a virtual machine to a Hyper-V server.
1. From the menu, go to Restore 1 / Restore VM as Clone 2 , select the location of the backup 3 and click Next 4 .
2. Select the VM to restore 1 and click Next 2 .
3. Choose backup 1 , change the name of the vm if necessary 2 , select the restoration host 3 , its location 4 and click on Restore 5.
4. Wait during the restoration …
5. Restore completed, open the Hyper-V console on the server where the restore was made, the VM is available, all that remains is to start it.
This restore mode is convenient for testing your backups, so you should use this mode with great care in order to avoid any IP conflict or Active Directory object.