Creating the child domain
In the IP settings, specify a parent domain controller in DNS.
1. Go to the new server, from the server manager click Promote this domain controller server 1 .
2. Select the option Add new to an existing forest 1 , select Child domain 2 and click on the button Select 3 .
3. Enter the credentials of an administrator account of the parent domain 1 and click OK 2 .
4. Select parent domain 1 and click OK 2 .
5. Enter the prefix of the new domain name 1 then click Next 2 .
6. Enter the restore mode password 1 and click Next 2 .
7. Click Next 1 to validate the DNS options.
8. Validate the NETBIOS name by clicking Next 1 .
9. Click Next 1 to enter the path configuration.
10. Validate the options by clicking Next 1 .
11. Once the tests are validated, click on Install 1 .
At reboot, the server will be domain controller, using the server manager, we see the domain to which the server 1 .
Now that we have our child domain and domain controller, we must finish the configuration and validate the proper functioning.