Configuration: Creating a namespace
1. From the “DFS Distributed File System Management” console, click New Namespace … 1 in the Actions section.
2. Enter the name 1 of the server that will host the namespace and click Next 2 .
3. Enter the root share name 1 and click Next 2 .
4. Choose Domain Name Space 1 and click Next 2 .
A domain name space allows access to the folder by an address of type: \\domain-name\root-share\shared-folder.
5. Click the Create button 1 .
6. Once created, click Close 1 to exit the wizard.
7. The namespace is available in the 1 administration console. You can now access the share \\domain-ad\share.
8. By clicking on the 1 namespace and going to the 2 Namespace Servers tab, you can see the server path 3> >.