1. Open a PowerShell command prompt as Administrator.
2. Enter the following command:
Get-WindowsFeature FS-DFS* | Install-WindowsFeature –IncludeManagementTools
3. Wait during the installation.
4. When the installation is complete, close the window.
With the graphical interface
1. From the server manager, click Add Roles and Features 1 .
2. When launching the wizard, click the Next 1 button.
3. Choose Role Based Installation or 1 Feature and click Next 2 .
4. Select server 1 then click Next 2 .
5. Check the box for the DFS Namespace role 1 in File and Storage Services / File Services and iSCSI.
6. Validate by clicking features by clicking Add Features 1 .
7. Optional: Check the DFS Replication 1 box if you plan to replicate the folder.
8. Click Next 1 .
9. Skip features by clicking Next 1.
10. Start the installation by clicking the Install 1 button.
11. Wait during the installation …
12. The installation completed, exit the wizard by clicking Close 1 .
Role administration is done using the DFS Distributed File System Management console.