IPAM: Installing and Configuring IP Address Management on Windows
In this part, we will see different action possible since IPAM, this is just a preview, I invite you to delve into the menus of the console and read the various help available.
Find a free IP address
This technique is valid for both DHCP and IPAM managed ranges.
1. From the menu: IP ADDRESS SPACE 1 / IP address block 2 . Filter the result by selecting IP address ranges 3 . Right click on a range 4 and click on Search and assign an available IP address … 5 .
2. On the new window that opens, IPAM will try to recover a free IP 1 on the range, for that a ping is sent.
3. When an address is found 1 no answer to the ping, it is possible to go to the following address by clicking on A Find the next one. To reserve the IP, simply click on Apply 2 and OK 3 to add the address to IPAM.
For IP addresses that are in DHCP scopes, it is possible to directly create a reservation on the server provided that the associated MAC is available.
Information about server-managed IP address scopes
View address ranges
1. Go to IP ADDRESS SPACE 1 / IP address block 2 . Select IP address ranges in filter 3 . If nothing is displayed, click on TASKS A and then Retrieve address space data B .
2. The list of address ranges is displayed with different statistical information for each.
DHCP server administration
1. From the IPAM management page, go to DNS Servers and DHCP 1 , filter the DHCP server type 2 . This will display the IPAM managed servers, select a 3 server to have the 4 properties.
2. Right-click on a server, the various possible actions are displayed.
3. On the left menu, click DHCP Extents 1 . As with servers, all DHCP scopes are displayed with the properties.
Modify a DHCP scope
1. Select the scope to be modified 1 , right click on it and click on Change DHCP scope 2 .
2. Modify the parameters of the scope and validate by clicking Apply and OK.
Create a new DHCP scope
1. On the list of DHCP servers in IPAM, right-click on the server where the scope is to be added and click Create DHCP scope 1 .
2. Fill in the scope information and click Apply and OK to start the creation.
3. Go to the DHCP server and check the creation of the scope.
Create a DHCP reservation
1. Go to the list of DHCP extents 1 , right click on the range 2 where the reservation must be added and click on Create a DHCP reservation 3 .
2. Before configuring the reservation, retrieve the MAC address 1 from the network card that will receive the IP address.
3. Configure the reservation, enter Name 1 , IP Address 2 and MAC Address 3 . Then click on Options 4 .
4. Configure the DHCP options, click the New 1 button to add. When done click on Apply 2 .
5. Wait while adding the reservation to the DHCP server.
6. Once the confirmation of the creation of the reservation, click OK 1 to close the window.
7. Go to the DHCP server and check the creation of the reservation.
Manually Managed IP Address Scope Information
It is possible in IPAM to add addressing blocks that are not managed by DHCP servers. Block management must be done manually.
The use of an IP address management tool requires great rigor so that it is properly informed.
Add an IP address range
IP ranges will allow IPAM to search available addresses using the console.
1. From the IPAM interface, go to IP address block 1 , click on TASKS 2 and then Add IP address range 3 .
2. Enter the IP range information 1 then click Apply 2 and OK 3 .
3. The range is added 1 .
Find an available IP address
1. Right-click on the 1 range and click on Search and assign an available IP address … 2 .
2. The IP 10.0.0.2 is taken 1 , click on Find the next 2 to find an address that does not answer the ping.
3. The IP 10.0.0.5 is free 1 , down the elevator to display the Basic Configurations 2 section.
4. Enter the configuration information 1 , then click Apply 2 and OK 3 .
5. Display IP addresses 1 by changing the filter, we find the address 10.0.0.5 1 .
Hyper-V: add a virtual card to the host Intro In this tutorial, I will explain how to add a virtual adapter to the Hyper-V host that will be connected to the virtual switch. This is equivalent to adding the same type of network adapter when configuring an external virtual switch with the A
Hyper-V: Change the MAC Address of a Virtual Machine It is possible in Hyper-V as in VMware to change the MAC address of a network adapter of a virtual machine. We usually have to do this kind of operation on machines where the software uses the MAC address cards to generate the licenses 1. Open the Hy