This script creates a sensor in PRTG that displays the allocation of physical resources to virtual machines.
Scripts can be used to monitor a standalone / clustered Hyper-V host and / or cluster.
- VM Count : number of virtual machines
- CPU allocated (%) : percentage of logical CPUs allocated to VMs.
- CPU assigned : number of CPUs assigned to the VMs.
- CPU available : total number of CPUs available.
- Memories allocated (%) : percentage of memory allocated to VMs.
- Memories assigned : amount of memory assigned to the VMs.
- Memories available : amount of memory available.
- Node count (cluster) : number of nodes in the Hyper-V cluster.
The memory % memory alert on a cluster is calculated to tolerate the loss of a node.
- for 2 servers: 50%
- for 3 servers: 66%
- for 4 servers: 75%