The WSUS setup wizard starts automatically the first time you open the console.
1. Start the WSUS Service Administration Console.
2. When launching the wizard, click Next 1 .
3. Click Next 1 .
4. Update source, choose Synchronize from Microsoft Update 1 and click Next 2 .
5. If the WSUS server needs a proxy to exit on the Internet, configure it otherwise click Next 1 .
6. Click Start Connection 1 .
7. Wait while the information is retrieved from Microsoft (5 to 15 minutes).
8. Downloaded information, click Next 1 .
9. Select languages for 1 updates then click Next 2 .
10. Choose the products for which updates are to be downloaded 1 and click Next 2 .
11. Choose the types of updates (classification) 1 for the selected products then click Next 2 .
12. Configure the synchronization schedule 1 to retrieve the list of updates and click Next 2 .
Synchronization does not download update files.
13. Check Start initial synchronization 1 and click on Next2.
14. The configuration is complete, click on Finish 1 to close the wizard.
15. Open the Administration Console and wait during synchronization.
The first synchronization may take several hours.