Creating the failover cluster
1. Launch the Failover Cluster Manager console available from the Start menu.
2. From the console click on Create a cluster 1 available in the central section in the Management section or on the left in the Actions menu.
3. Skip the first step of the wizard by clicking Next 1 .
4. Click Browse … 1 .
5. Select the servers that will be cluster nodes 1 and click OK 2 .
6. Selected servers, click Next 1 .
7. To validate the cluster, select test validation 1 and click Next 2 .
8. An assistant launches, click Next 1 .
9. Select Run all tests 1 and click Next 2 .
10. Confirm test execution by clicking Next 1 .
11. Wait during the validation, it can take more or less time depending on the number of nodes …
12. When the tests are complete, if no blocking point is found, click Finish 1 .
13. Back to the cluster wizard, enter the cluster name 1 and its IP address 2 and click Next 3 .
An AD computer object will be created in the directory.
14. Confirm cluster creation by clicking Next 1 .
15. Wait while creating …
16. The cluster is created, exit the wizard by clicking Finish 1 .
17. Back to the management console, it displays the cluster and settings.