Configuration: Replicated Folder
In this part, we will see how to set up a folder replicate between multiple servers in a namespace.
- The DFS-R role must be installed on the servers that host the replicated folder.
- The folder must be shared on each server.
To illustrate the tutorial, we will replicate a common folder that is present on both servers (LAB-AD1 and LAB-AD2) which also have the namespace.
1. From the console, right-click Replication 1 and click New Replication Group …. 2 .
2. Choose Multi-Purpose Replication Group 1 and click Next 2 .
3. Enter the name of the replication group 1 , select the domain 2 and click Next 3 .
4. Add the servers that are members of replication group 1 and click Next 2 .
5. Select the full mesh topology 1 and click Next 2 .
6. Select continuous replication 1 and click the Next 2 button.
7. Choose main member 1 for replication then click Next 2 .
The primary member will be used as the source during the first replication.
8. Click on Add 1 .
9. Select the folder to replicate 1 on the primary member and click OK 2 .
10. Once the folders have been added 1 to the replication group, click Next 2 .
It is impossible to replicate multiple folders within the same group.
11. Select member server 1 and click Edit 2 to configure the replicated folder path.
2. Enable replication on member 1 by selecting the option, indicate the location on server 2 and click OK 3 .
Points 11 and 12 are to be done on each member server of the group.
13. Servers configured 1 , click Next 2 .
14. Click the Create button 1 .
15. The replication group is created, exit the wizard by clicking Close 1 .
16. Click OK 1 to close the message, which informs you that initial replication may take a while.
17. The replication group is displayed in the 1 console.
Add the replicated folder to the namespace
1. Right-click on the 1 namespace and click on New 2 folder.
2. Enter the name of the folder 1 and click on Add 2 .
3. Enter the UNC path of the share 1 and click OK 2 to add the folder.
4. Repeat the operation to add the servers that are members of replication group 1 and click OK 2 .
5. An alert message appears, click No 1 . The replication group is already created.
6. The file is added 1 with the different targets 2 .