Role Installation: ADDS (Domain Controller) / DNS
1. From the server manager, click Add Roles and Features 1 .
2. When launching the wizard, click Next 1 .
3. Choose Role Based Installation or 1 Functionality and then click Next 2 .
4. Check the DNS Server 1 role.
5. Click Add Features 1 .
6. Check the AD DS Services 1 role.
7. Click Add Features 1 to add the management consoles.
8. Click Next 1 .
9. Pass the features by clicking Next 1 .
10. Click Next 1 to skip the summary of the DNS role.
11. Review the summary of the Active Directory Service by clicking Next 1 .
12. Click the Install 1 button.
13. Wait during the installation of the different roles …
14. The installed roles, exit the wizard by clicking Close 1 .
Now that the roles are installed, you have to promote the server to a domain controller.