Since Windows 2012, it is possible to force the update of group policies from the Group Policy Management console.
It is no longer necessary to go through all the computers and do a gpudapte.
To work, the firewall must allow RPC calls to pass.
Force update of GPOs remotely
1. Open the Group Policy Management console.
2. Go to UO 1 to update and right click on it and click Update Group Policy… 2.
3. Click Yes 1 to validate the GPO update.
4. Wait while console contacts servers.
5. The update of group policies has been forced on workstations from the console without needing to connect to the servers.