In this tutorial, we will see how to deploy a certificate on computers using a GPO.
Some cases where you may need to distribute a certificate:
- Internal Certification Authority
- Appliance certificate for SSL filtering
- Self-signed web server / rds certificate
Operation to be performed on the server where the certificate is installed with the private key.
1. Open the Certificate Management MMC on the local computer and go to the store where the certificate is stored.
The certificate must be with the extension .cer
Creating the Policy (GPO) to Deploy a Certificate
1. Open the Group Policy Management Console.
1. Restart your client computer.
2. Log in to the computer.