1. From the administration of the FusionInventory in GLPI, click Tasks 1 > Task Management 2.
2. Click on the + 1 to add a task.
3. Name your task 1, check the box Prepare a job if the previous run was successful 2 and click Add 3.
4. Activate task 1 and enter a programmed start start date 2 and click Save 3.
5. Go to Job Configuration 1 and click on the Add Job 2 button.
This part is common for all job types
Prior to FusionInventory 9.2, it was possible to create a job with multiple jobs
Job discovery network
The network discovery job (task) will attempt to trace the devices present in the IP ranges configured at the beginning.
1. Give the task a name 1, select the Network Discovery 2 module and click Add 3.
2. We must now add a target to the task, we will select the IP ranges that we created at the beginning. Click on the + 1, Target Type: IP Range 2, Target: Active 3 and click the Add Target 4 button.
3. Now, we will select the Actors (agents) who will execute the job. Click on the + 1, Actor type: Agent 2, Actor: choose an agent from the list 3 and click on the button Add Actor 4.
4. Click Update 1 to save the changes.
Job execution changes based on GLPI crones and agents when they contact the server.
Logs of the job
If in doubt about the proper functioning of the task, you can check the agent logs.
You can also follow the logs in GLPI, in the FusionInventory menu Network 1 > Discovery Status 2.
The list of executions is displayed with the result.
Forcing the import of ignored material
During discovery networks, it is possible that equipment is ignored. By default only equipment discovered with their serial number is imported into the Park at unmanaged equipment level.
Here is an example of a log with rejected equipment:
1. In the FusionInventory menu click on Rules 1 > Important and material binding rules 2.
2. In the list of rules find the NetworkEquipment import (by mac) 1 rule and click on it.
3. Change Active to Yes 1 and click the Save button 2.
4. Do the same thing for the NetworkEquipment update (by mac) rule.
At the next discovery, non-inventoried items that have a mac address will be imported.
Pass unmanaged imported equipment into network equipment.
1. In the GLPI navigation menu, switch to Asset 1 and click on Unmanaged Equiepemnt 2.
2. Click on the equipment to import 1.
3. Select type 1, in the field Approved hardware put Yes 2, enjoy being on the form to inform your SNMP 3 community then click on Save 4.
4. Then click Import 1 and the Import 2 button.
SNMP inventory job
This job will interrogate the discovered equipment and also the equipments recorded manually in GLPI. To interrogate equipment entered manually, you must inform the snmp community in the form.
To create an SNMP job, you must first create a new job.
1. Give the task a name 1, select the Network Inventory (SNMP) 2 module and click Add 3.
2. As for the discovery task add the configured IP ranges as well as the agents. In addition, you can add a manually entered Network Device 1.
When preparing the job, if an IP range is configured, only known and managed devices will be added. Unlike the discovery job, not all IPs are queried.
As with the inventory job, you just have to wait for the agent to do the job.
The inventory logs are available in Network> Network Inventory Status.
I hope this tutorial will help you in setting up the couple GLPI and FusionInventory.