Prerequisites for AD RMS
The deployment of AD RMS requires several prerequisites at the infrastructure level.
The most important point is the training of users in the use of this service. As we will see following this tutorial, RMS rights are applied by the creator of the document, which makes the user autonomous, unlike a traditional sharing where NTFS security is provided by the IT department.
Prerequisites for deploying AD RMS:
- An Active Directory environment.
- For the AD RMS cluster one or more servers that are members of the Active Directory domain, preferably dedicated to this role.
- In the case of a multiple AD RMS deployment, provide a minimum SQL Server 2008 database. If only one server, it is possible to use the Windows internal database (WID).
- The server (s) for AD RMS must be a member of the domain.
- Active Directory users and groups must have an email address in their attribute so that they can be used with AD RMS.
- Provide a DNS name for the AD RMS cluster:
- A recording
- An SSL certificate (Enterprise Certification Authority).
- Users must with a compatible client to be able to apply and read protected files.
- Office Pro or Adobe Pro to apply RMS rights.
- Office or Acrobat Reader to open the file (s).